Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Medical results

So, went out today to pick up my results. Before leaving, I called Medisys as instructed and they told me the results were ready. My dad had an appointment at a nearby hospital, so he dropped me off across the street from where Medisys is. I was definitely not stressed this time going to Medisys, compared to last week when I was freaking out.

Anyways, got up to the 11th floor and had to wait in line to speak with a receptionist. I think it was about 5 minutes and then I was able to go up. When I called earlier, I had asked the person on the phone if I needed to bring anything with me, but she said no. Yet when I got to the receptionist and asked for my results, she asked for my invoice paper. I told her I didn't have it, so she asked for ID. Thank goodness ID is acceptable as I would have had to go back another day if they needed my invoice. Anyways, she took my driver's license and went to find my results. She then returned and told me I could not open the two envelopes and that I had to bring them with me to the interview (duh). There was a paper stapled on top that I was allowed to open as it was just my vaccination sheet.

I took pictures of the envelopes and you can find them here. Note, the X-rays were in the brown envelope and I can tell they're on a CD. Much more convenient then carrying around a HUGE envelope of the actual X-rays.

So, no one actually told me I passed, but I'm going to assume that since I didn't hear back that I passed the medical. Not like it's hard to pass though, I just had to not have syphilis or HIV, and no past drug use or anything like that.

~Lindsay

10 comments:

  1. It's so annoying that you can't peek at it
    What happens if you don't pass? They would deny the VISA? I mean what if you have AIDS or cancer or God knows... I mean not you, but another person.
    Sarai

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure exactly what happens if you don't pass. You might need to get treatment or something. I have NO idea actually. I've not seen anyone that has failed the medical, so I don't know. I believe you would get denied the visa, or get put onto AP at least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had my medical done on monday, the note they gave me says 'medical done on monday is ready for pickup on wednesday after 12 o clock or any day thereafter providing all vaccinations are complete and all results are normal'. its wednesday afternoon, i havent received any calls. should i assume that test results are normal and i should go and pick up? is it like a regular doctors office where they would call you if results are abnormal?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I don't know where you went to get your medical done, but at Medisys, they told me to call ahead of time to make sure the results were ready. But when I did call, and later picked them up, nothing was said to me about the results (whether I passed or not). But I assumed that if something was wrong, they would have called me asap. So, in other words, no news is good news.

    ReplyDelete
  5. no...they didn't say anything about calling ahead of time, just gave me that note. i got in done in toronto. i'm just confused bc you're not supposed to open the results, but how are you to know whether you passed or not? :S

    ReplyDelete
  6. btw, just want to let you know that your blog is awesome as well as all your tips on visajourney. i followed all your instructions which helped big time when i was putting togehter the second package, so a BIG thank you for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If they give you your results and they don't say anything, then I'd say you passed. I believe they say something if you didn't pass.

    And thank you! I'm super glad my blog and tips elsewhere helped you! That was my intention! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. so an update on this in case anyone is interested...the doctor's office would let you know if there's any abnormality is in the results..they said, as long as you get the results (the sealed envelope), it means you passed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's what I figured. Good to know for sure though as it was just speculation on my part. But now it's confirmed :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just wen through the visa process and it has been accepted. But at the appointement they only took the big white enveloppe( medical results) but gave me back the brown one... What do i do with that?

    ReplyDelete