Thursday, October 14, 2010

Ben's second visit to Canada

Ben arrived in Canada for the second time on Friday night. He didn't have much problems at customs. He was told to go to secondary inspection, but they only asked him two questions and then stamped his passport. He picked up my suitcase (I had left a bunch of clothes and things in South Dakota and he brought them back for me!) and then headed out the doors to where everyone was waiting.

It was a wonderful moment, finally seeing him again, being in his arms and kissing him! ^_^

We took the shuttle back to where I had parked and drove home. It was very late at night, midnight maybe, so we didn't do much the first night and just went to sleep.

Saturday we went over to my grandparents house and I introduced him to them. We all went out to a restaurant, meeting my uncle and aunt there, for supper. They all seemed to think Ben was super nice. He passed the "family test"! :D

Sunday was my 22st birthday. I had set an alarm for 9:57am (the time when I was born) and as soon as the clock ticked to the time, Ben wished me a happy birthday and gave me a kiss. Best birthday present ever. I was hoping all day that I would get a touch from USCIS, but nope. Nothing. Went out for dinner to my favorite Japanese restaurant here in Montreal and enjoyed a lovely meal with Ben.

I don't think we did anything worth mentioning on Monday. Just spent time together. Oh, we took some pictures of our rings. Ben finally got a wedding ring last month sometime and this was our first time together where we both had rings. So a picture of that was a must. Also took some pictures for a new profile picture for Facebook.

Tuesday was his last day here. I felt horrible the whole day, knowing that in a few hours I would have to say goodbye to him all over again. Finally headed to the airport around 2:30pm. Had some trouble at the kiosk, so we had to go to a person at a counter. We then walked to the security checkpoint, the point where I couldn't go any further. We sat together for a few minutes, and then we knew it was time to say goodbye. I of course cried, not wanting to let him go again. After a few tearful minutes, we finally kissed for the last time and he headed in one direction, while I headed in the other direction back to where I had parked.

He's only got two more vacation days left for this year. He said he'll come to visit me for Christmas, but I'm hoping to see him before that. Two and a half months without being with him will be super hard. It'll have been the longest time we've ever spent apart. So far, the longest time we've spent apart was a month and 2 days.

I would like to move to Winnipeg, so I'd only be a six hour drive away from South Dakota, making it easier for Ben to come visit me. It'd be nice if he just drove up after work on Friday night or something and stay till Sunday and drive back again. Doing this every 2-3 weeks would definitely make me happier than I am now. It'd be hard to move there on my own though. It's hard to get an apartment without having a job there first, and it's hard to get a job when you don't have an apartment. We'll see what happens though...


P.S. Almost a month and a half from our NOA1. Come on CSC, give us our approval! Pretty please.

No comments:

Post a Comment