Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Response Mailed

When I woke up at 10am (yes, I slept in :P), I noticed that, about 2 hours previously, I received the record search in my email.


I was concerned about a few things, but after creating a thread on VJ about it, I was reassured that everything was most likely okay. So, I printed it out, included the USCIS letter on top, and stuffed it inside the provided envelope.

I then proceeded to the post office here in town. I of course wanted tracking, so the envelope was put into a clear Priority Mail envelope. Not only would I get tracking, but it'd shave off one day, compared to First Class mail. Cost me an extra $5, but I think it's worth it.

So, it should arrive on Thursday. Now, to just wait. I'll post again once it arrives at USCIS in California.

~Lindsay

8 comments:

  1. What a hassle!
    I meant to ask you before, but on your NOA for the I751 does it say that they received your CRi89? That is really confusing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just looked at my NOA and it doesn't say anywhere about "receiving my CRI89". But, keep in mind, the CRI89 is the I-751 form. Don't think it's something else or that it was a mistake.

      Delete
    2. The CRi89 was on the USCIS website when I check for updates using my WAC receipt number, rather than on the printed response letter (i-797) they mailed out...

      Delete
    3. Oh, well you mentioned the NOA letter stating that. But yes, it says CRI89 on mine as well. And like I said in my first response, that's the I-751.

      Delete
  2. Okay, thanks...I figured it was okay, but it is nice to be reassured. Have you heard that the 751 timelines are getting shorter? Looks like only about 120 days...but the USCIS site says 6 months at CSC. Not sure what/who to trust. I'm driving to Canada to visit family soon, and I'm nervous about reentry with my extension letter and expired greencard. Some border peeps are not up to speed and like to pull rank....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, April and May filers are already getting approved, so less than 120 days for some. But, there are always people from months and months ago (heck, even last year) that are still waiting to hear about their case, so time frames vary dramatically.
      As for re-entering the US after your visit, it shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure to have your green card and ORIGINAL notice letter (do NOT bring a copy, it HAS to be the original) and everything will be fine. I visited Canada about 3 months ago and had no issues. It took a little longer at the border, but no issues. You can read about it here on my blog, if you wish. Just go back a few posts and you should find it.

      Delete
    2. Yes, thanks for the tips...I read your blog exerpt before...think you are awesome and a god send to this process! You are my go to girl for advice...been following you for over 2 years as our timelines are almost exactly the same!)

      Delete
    3. You're welcome! :)

      And aww, glad I was of some help during your own process! ^_^

      Delete