Thursday, June 6, 2013

Trip to Canada

Well, I'm typing this while I wait for my flight back to the US begins boarding.

Last Friday, May 31, I headed to Canada. I first had to drive the 2 hours to Fargo, then took a flight to Minneapolis. There were unfortunately storms going on around us, so our plane was an hour delayed to take off as we had to wait to be re-routed. There were about twenty other planes on the tarmac as well, just waiting for instructions. Finally landed in Montreal around 11:30 local time.

The week flew by. Had many hot dogs at Belle Province all week (13 in total!). Got to visit my mother, her boyfriend, and my sister a couple times during the week. Also visited my grandparents and my uncle and his wife.

Monday was a really fun day. First went to the US consulate to meet up with two VJ members who had interviews that morning. They both passed!! We chatted a little while at Tim Hortons. Afterwards, I then went on by myself to Olympic Park, where I visited the new planetarium, went up the tower (almost 600 feet high!), and finally the Biodome. Although I was by myself, I had a blast!

Left for the airport today around 3. Had to check in with an agent as the little machine didn't like my expired green card, lol. Security was no issue. One lady was sticking a little wand in my suitcase and laptop case, but not my purse. Not sure what that was all about. I was then selected to get scanned in those big TSA machines. Then onto customs.

I'll admit, I was a little nervous cause I had an expired green card. I had my extension letter, but still, I was nervous. Anywho, it was finally my turn. First just handed over my passport, boarding pass, and declaration form. The officer asked why I was going to the US. And I told him I lived there. Due to my Canadian passport, he asked me what right I had living in the US. That's when I handed over my green card. And after looking at it, I gave over my extension letter. That's when the officer told me he recognized me. He was the officer that had denied me the first time, three years ago! I couldn't believe he would remember me! So, for the next 5 minutes, as he processed my paperwork, we talked over me being denied, and the immigration process, and such. Although he denied me last time, he was still nice to me about it. This time around, he was still nice, but I was allowed entry to the US. Yay! :)

~Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment