Wednesday, January 26, 2011

APPROVAL!!!

*Reference link to abbreviations/terms post*


So, at 4:44pm, I got a text message on my phone from USCIS!! All it said was my case was updated, didn't know if we had gotten an RFE or were approved. I immediately went to the USCIS website and signed in. I saw the 'last updated' column finally switched to 1/26/2011. I was so tired of seeing 9/03/2010 every day (as was Ben). I clicked on our receipt number, and saw this:



I had been seeing only Inital Review since September, definitely nice change. Then I quickly scanned the text below and saw: On January 25, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. And then I yelled, and my body started to shake, and tears started to well in my eyes. I was in complete shock.

The funny thing, I was on the phone with the IRS when all this happened. Thank goodness I was on hold, the lady would have thought I was weird. 

I immediately texted Ben who was in a meeting (in which he got a letter congratulating him on his hard work and a $200 bonus!). He had gotten the notification as well. I then quickly went to Facebook and spammed a bunch of messages, but my hands were shaking non-stop, very hard to type.

So, the first step has finally been completed! Now onto the NVC! I'll write another post this week about what Ben and I need to do in the next few days.

~Lindsay

P.S. Ben, I love you forever <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment