Thursday, June 30, 2011

School

So, a few days after I received my SSN, I applied to a school here in town, Lake Area Technical Institute. I had my high school transcripts sent to me and my college transcripts sent directly to the college. Now, because of the postal strike in Canada, it probably got delayed. I'm planning on calling tomorrow to get an update as I have general education credits from college that I want to get transferred so I don't have to re-do them again and pay for stuff I already know.

Anyways, finally got my high school transcripts on Friday, but I was out all day Friday and only got home at night, so I couldn't go to the school to drop them off. So on Monday, Ben brought me to Lake Area while on his lunch break. Dropped them off.

Today, I had a wonderful letter from Lake Area. Right on the front of the envelope was a sticker with 'accepted' on it! Didn't even need to open the envelope. I now have to pay them $150 as a deposit of sorts. I don't really have enough money at the moment to pay that, but thankfully I have about a month to get it to them.

I'm very excited to finally go back to school again as it's been more than a year!

~Lindsay

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the schooling stuff! =) That's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that you can collect ei from canada while residing in the us?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I heard, but don't you need to have a job from Canada to collect EI?

    ReplyDelete